Saturday, May 19, 2012

New garden additions

New additions have been added to the garden. Today, Greg raked and leveled a new spot for another raised bed. Filled it with a nice mixture of compost and good organic soil. I then got to do the fun and easy part of the job...plant! I added in the flowering kale, sweet cherry tomatoes, sweet banana peppers, cayenne peppers and sangria peppers.
I am truly thankful for my hard working and accommodating husband. I am just starting treatment for my Lupus and Fibromyalgia. I am currently in a "flare". The disease has attacked my soft tissues, so my muscles and joints are very sore and angry right now. I am hopeful that I will be able to wield a rake and shovel one day very soon!
I am happy that I was able to hang in there with him for about two hours today before I lost all my energy and the burning sensation started screaming in my joints. Nausea, headache and fatigue has kept me in bed all day.
We also had some destroyers come into our garden, suddenly in the night. I will save that disappointing discovery and our attempts to destroy them for another post.


Ornamental Kale


New heirloom seed starts looking for light
and waiting for a home. It's very late for beans and peas
but I wanted to experiment anyways to see what would grow.


Cayenne Peppers



Sangria Ornamental Peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment